Monday, August 31, 2015

Is That All There Is?



It is everything and it is only a part.  AA is my rock and my foundation, and I have an amazing castle of life to build; turrets, flying butresses, widow walks, and balconies from which to view the panorama of my life.





I would not be able to build as high and as elaborate (or sturdy) a life as I have now without the fundamentals. I also don't let fear or a strange superstition tell me that AA (or any 12 step program) is the only resource for me.  Recovery has given me a life and I intent to LIVE IT; with Yoga, with activism, with meditation, with many communities of healing, and communities of wild investigation.

As I will will practice "gazing at a mountain AS a mountain, and not as a reflection of myself" I hope that the 12 Step Programs can do the same: avoiding the thought that the variety of resources to recovery are in anyway a comment on AA as an answer to recovery.


For Today:

“The oft-heard cry ‘A.A. is all you need’ has the
hollow ring of fear – fear that if any member
dissents from the belief that A.A. is the one and
only, the total and complete answer to all the
alcoholic’s ills, then all the other members will
perish with him.”

A Member’s Eye View of Alcoholics Anonymous, pg. 23
World Services pamphlet P-41
Kyczy Hawk 500RYT, 200E-RYT is a yoga teacher and author. She has recently published "Life in Bite Sized Morsels". "Yoga And The Twelve Step Path" was released in 2012. Join her Sundays 7am PT online for the Yoga Recovery meeting on In The Rooms

The founder of S.O.A.R.™ Success Over Addiction and Relapse, she teaches recovery oriented yoga online and in person. Kyczy also leads recovery infused yoga classes online with Studio Live TV

Read more on her website: www.yogarecovery.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment