Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Sustaining ability with universal intentions



What keeps me going when things are difficult? What allows me to stand firm when speaking my truth? What gives me steadfast allegiance to a compassionate heart when I DO speak my truth?
Harm and sharpness and criticism often come from the place of fear. When I come from fear, insecurity, or pain I am often unskilled, "unlovely" in my thoughts, speech or actions.
When I have faith, when I have reaffirmed my good intentions (not the intentions that come from self will or a controlling spirit), when I have realigned realigned my efforts in companionship with my higher power I can find the courage to be my best, and to do what is right.

For Today: “Courage is fear that has said its prayers.” Step By Step, pg. 97Step Nine





Kyczy Hawk RYT E-500
Author “Yoga and the Twelve Step Path” and “Life in Bite-Sized Morsels” and “From Burnout to Balance” among others. She is the founder of S.O.A.R.(™) Success Over Addiction and Relapse
You can join Kyczy and a host of other people in recovery every Sunday morning at 7am PT (10 am ET) on In The Rooms for the Yoga Recovery meeting.
Kyczy has been teaching recovery focused yoga classes since 2008.  A leader of Y12SR (Yoga of 12 Step Recovery) classes for nearly five years and a devoted teacher to people in treatment centers and in jail- Kyczy created a teacher training program for others who wish to work in this field.  Trauma sensitivity and the somatics of moving home into your body are some of the basics taught in S.O.A.R.(™) Success Over Addiction and Relapse
More about her work can be found at www.yogarecovery.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment