Saturday, February 13, 2016

Opportunity and Ego




Lets get one thing straight. I didn't get this fabulous life alone. And I do have a wonderful life. I may not always acknowledge or appreciate it; like a good meal I may over consume, as with fun I may over do and become fatigued, but I have a wonderful life with many opportunities. I may, at times, think "Oh this great life! Look what I have created for myself!" It is at just those times that I slip, fall, crash in some way. 

I did not make this wonderful life. I have had so many mentors, known and unknown. Those who were aware of showing me the way and those who had no idea that their words or actions could have such influence. I DID show up for it, I DID make choices, I DID work in large and small ways; but the opportunities and the challenges were laid before me.

I walk through life with open eyes and an open heart. I do this not only so that I don't miss that lesson, that challenge, that opportunity to learn and grow, but to find a way to actively "value everyone's contribution and treat everyone with respect."



We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean… and we were taught to value everyone’s contribution and treat everyone with respect. –Michelle Obama

Kyczy Hawk RYT E-500 is a yoga teacher and author. She teaches in treatment centers as well as yoga studios in her hometown of San Jose, CA.  Her volunteer time includes teaching yoga in Elmwood Women’s jail and The Recovery Cafe San Jose. She has been a space holder for the internationally known Y12SR (Yoga of Twelve Step Recovery) for over five years. 

Her books: "Yoga and The Twelve Step Path" and "Life in Bite Sized Morsels" are available online.

No comments:

Post a Comment