Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Busy Brain Messy Brain



For a person who wants to live from the heart, my head sure gets in the way. Currently I have been meditating a little longer, a little more frequently and what I discovered is that my brain can be a snarly mess. Not snarly in the growly hissy way, but in the my earbuds have mysteriously tangled themselves up again way. 

I go to bed feeling calm, I have a good sleep, perhaps even with pleasant, if just barely remembered dreams. I get up- wash my face, brush my teeth and sit down to meditate. 

Two breathes in and my thoughts shoot out of the gate like thoroughbreds at Pimlico!! On Acid. They don't go in a straight line race- it is more of a maze and with multiple changed courses.

And I have to remind myself "of course"! Of course the mind will bolt around, scampering freely over the meadow of my mind. I just have to watch. I just note it and sit there. There is nothing to do but sit.


Breathe and be quiet and watch the chaos under the hood.

"No matter how savvy and independent and self-controlled we may presume ourselves to be, without mindfulness, chaos is what we discover when we begin to look under the hood."
—Kathleen Dowling Singh, "The Chaos Under the Hood"

Kyczy Hawk RYT E-500
Author “Yoga and the Twelve Step Path” and “Life in Bite-Sized Morsels” and “From Burnout to Balance” among others. She is the founder of S.O.A.R.(™) Success Over Addiction and Relapse
You can join Kyczy and a host of other people in recovery every Sunday morning at 7am PT (10 am ET) on In The Rooms for the Yoga Recovery meeting.


More about her work can be found at www.yogarecovery.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment