Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Family IN and Family OUT




It has taken several years. I am, in this moment, at peace with my family.  Part of this has to do with the fact I am now an orphan. I no longer am in active enmeshment with my parents - or avoiding the old dramas, nor creating new ones.

I am also a step back and away from my adult children, finally letting go and seeing them as individuals rather than off-spring.

I have come to realize that all people in my family are not in response to or reflections of me. They are themselves. That way I can approach them, what they do, how they act and respond to others - with compassion and allow them autonomy. The situations flow through around me and I respond with an open heart.

I breathe in and I breathe out - I hold my family as loosely as my breath.

Love to you and your families and your relationships.  Be well 


Manifesting a spiritual practice with our family is extremely difficult, but it’s also really simple. We don’t get carried away by our emotions; we don’t affirm our position at the expense of where others are coming from. But we do our best to open our arms, open our heart, and let what we've got inside us flow out into the situation and let the situation outside flow into us. In that process, we lose ourselves.
- Shozan Jack Haubner, "Drama or Dharma"

No comments:

Post a Comment