Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Refresh and Renew - Simply





The New Year - a new calendar, a new page, a new beginning- time to remove the dust from the "beginner's mind" and take a chance on the unknown.
 
Today - this day, this 29th of December, I will start the practice of looking at the day without pre- judgment, without expectation, without attachment.  Looking at my agenda I will be where I need to be, WHOLE heartedly. I will show up where I said I would show up and be present to what unfolds.

This doesn't mean I go into the day without a plan! I move into each situation with the respect of proper attention and preparation, but I let go of the unfolding. Rather than planning in detail what I will do or what I will say- I will let go of the particulars and be present. Like a kid I will run out into the playground of life, eager, looking around for my friends and right activity, and then plunge in- without a care.

Relinquishing is the ground for practicing 'beginner’s mind.' It helps us see things anew, as they really are; to be willing to listen to the thoughts and ideas of others with an open mind. So the relinquishing of thoughts and ideas about which we have been adamant can give us a sense of freedom, joy, and spaciousness.
—Allan Lokos, "Lighten Your Load"

No comments:

Post a Comment